Sunday, September 6, 2009

Week in Review!

I'll be honest. As much as I love to blog.....I'm having a very hard time finding the time to do it! Now that we have started school, our schedule is a bit more tight and I just can't work it in. I guess the bottom line is, I need my sleep! In the past, I could stay up late at night to do my blog and then read tons of other blogs....but I treasure my sleep and it has been more important to me as of late! So, in an effort to keep my faithful readers updated about the Harper Hullabaloo, here is our week in review. We will begin with yesterday. In case you hadn't heard, there is a new coach in town. Yes, Coach Kiffin has come to Tennesse and the VOLS won their season opener. There is definitely excitement in the east Tennessee air! I am a VOL fan and can even say that although I didn't graduate from there, I spent 2 quarters on campus. That was EARLY in my college career and let's just say that I wasn't ready to handle the responsibility of college life. (That is another story for another day!) I did have fun and enjoyed several football games! SO! I still cheer for the University of Tennessee Volunteers! Yesterday I had a little photo session with the kids in their orange and white. The first one is of Will. Could he be a future Volunteer? Maybe not, but he makes a pretty cute fan if I do say so myself!

Helen striking a cheerleader pose! All three of my Volunteers!
Right outside of our neighborhood is a railroad track. The trains come through quite often throughout the day and night. Yesterday after breakfast, Sean and Beckett asked me to take them down the road and drop them off at the railroad tracks. They wanted to walk home on the tracks. It was quite an adventure and Beckett came home with all kinds of treasures! I took this pic out of the window of the van as they started their trek!
On Friday, Beckett celebrated his 1/2 birthday at Sonic with an OREO blast! I can't believe my baby boy is 1/2 way to eight years old!
LAST Friday, we loaded up and headed back to B-wood for the day to pick up Beckett after his adventure to St. Louis with my mom, dad and Aunt Meg. They had been doing a LOT of driving for the previous 3 days, so we decided to go get Beck rather than have them meet us half way in Cookeville. We visited for a while and then had lunch at Swanky's....a yummy Mexican grill where my cousin Clay is the manager. After lunch, we headed back home. Here is a picture of Aunt Meg with the kiddos! She lives in south Florida and we don't see her very often, but Beckett sure enjoyed getting to know his "traveling buddy" better during their trip and Helen latched on to her immediately and had fun loving on her during lunch! It was good to see you Aunt Meg! Hope to see you again soon!
And speaking of Beckett's trip to St. Louis, he has been wanting to blog about it, so we will try to do that soon. He took two disposable cameras and I had the pics developed onto a disc so that he could put them on his blog. We will get that done this week so he can tell all about his adventures in St. Louis! It was a fun and memorable trip! Thanks Grankaki and Granbob!

3 comments:

Jason, Betsy, Jackson said...

Love the pictures of your little Volunteers!

Marilyn Gregory said...

ok --- the walking on the rr tracks scares me....

Troy said...

I hear ya about the blogging time :(

great update though!