Thursday, August 7, 2008

Sweet Memory
I just wanted to write a quick post to share a sweet experience that I had with my children this morning. I have been getting up at 4:50 (yes, that's AM!) for the past several weeks and meeting my neighbor every morning at 5:00 to walk. This just seems to be the best time before kids are up and Sean heads off to work. It has been hard adjusting to these early mornings, but I do seem to get a lot accomplished most mornings after we return. However, last night I stayed up way too late, so when we returned from walking, I must admit that I laid back down and fell asleep. (I was just going to "rest my eyes" for a minute! Ha!) So, when Helen woke up, I went in and got her and put her in the bed with me and turned on PBS cartoons so I could "rest my eyes" for a minute more. Beckett woke up not long after that and I could tell that he was whispering a lot to Helen. They both got out of my bed and said, "Mom, you stay here and just rest." So, I did. I did hear a little commotion in the kitchen, but I had an idea of what was going on, so I stayed put. Not long after that, they both appeared beside my bed with breakfast for me! There, on the yellow plate, was a breakfast bar (smeared with peanut butter....my favorite way to eat them!) some blueberries and a glass of water! They were so proud of themselves for fixing me breakfast in bed and I was so touched by their kindness! Sweet memories!

2 comments:

Kathy said...

That is very sweet. Maybe in a few years they will perfect their skills and fix you Belgian waffles. :) But really it is so sweet, even if it were saltine crackers it would be so special. See you tomorrow!!

Olivia said...

This brought tears to my eyes when I read it...so so so sweet!